Cosmelan is the world's safest and most effective treatment for a more even skin tone. This unique, multi-ingredient chemical treatment is designed to reduce areas of skin discolouration and hyperpigmentation. It works by decreasing the skin's melanin production by inhibiting the release of tyrosinase enzyme. Cosmelan is compatible with all skin types. This non-invasive, easy and effective procedure can erase blemishes caused by sun-damage (freckles), ageing, acne scarring and hormonal pigmentation (melasma). In addition, the treatment balances the skin's oil production to improve acne.
Hyperpigmentation and melasma present on the skin as dark discolouration, usually focused on the face but sometimes on the neck as well. Both conditions are caused by an overproduction of melanin, the natural pigment that determines the colour of a person's skin. Melanin is also responsible for freckles and a variety of blemishes on the face, including acne scars and unsightly sun spots. When melanin rushes to one area, it can make your skin look uneven by creating dark brown patches or coffee stains, requiring heavy applications of makeup on a daily basis.
- Reduces dark spots and hyperpigmentation
- Effective in the treatment of Melasma and Chloasma
- Quick results
- Gentle enough for all skin types
- Can be performed any time of the year
- Does not include TCA or hydroquinone
- Beneficial for acne patients by reducing oil gland production
- Skin becomes bright and rejuvenated with lightening of spots and brown areas in just 1-4 weeks
- Brown spots
- Blotchy skin
- Post-inflammatory Hyperpigmentation (PIH)
- Prevention of hyperpigmentation post laser and post peel
- Improves the appearance of fine lines and deeper wrinkles
Cosmelan aims to achieve a 93% improvement in pigmentation. This treatment is an incredible addition to our clinic and I look forward to achieving life changing results for our clients. However, it is a 6-12 month long commitment that you must be willing to dedicate yourself to. Within a week, clients will notice skin blemishes beginning to fade, and a brighter complexion breaking through. After a couple of weeks, the skin will take on a shiny, healthy glow. These results will continue to improve over the 4th-5th week, when the full benefits of Cosmelan can be seen.
The skin will be delicate and sensitive for the first 1-2 weeks after the treatment; prolonged sun exposure should be avoided and a full spectrum sunscreen worn at all times. Clients who commit to a daily routine will see the results from Cosmelan last for many month to years to come.
Cosmelan is a specialised system aiming to:
- Reduce all types of skin pigmentation including Melasma and Post-inflammatory Hyperpigmentation (PIH)
- Increase skin luminosity
- Equalises skin tone
- Inhibits the formation of melanin
- Increases collagen production
The Ideal Candidate
Cosmelan is safe for all skin tones and ethnicities. Anyone looking for a fresher, more even complexion is a potential candidate. The ideal client will fully understand the Cosmelan process and the requirements for follow up care. They should also be in overall good health, and hold realistic expectation for their results.
We will schedule a thorough consultation prior to the Cosmelan treatment with each client including a Reveal skin imaging and photographs to keep track of your results. During this time, an evaluation of skin tone, texture and facial anatomy will be performed. Your therapist will take medical history, as well as discuss your aesthetic goals and desires. The options for facial rejuvenation will also be discussed at this time. If it is determined that the Cosmelan Depigmentation process can achieve the desired results, a unique treatment plan will be created.
The Cosmelan Depigmentation Mask is a two-step process. The first step involves an in-clinic application of a stimulating mask (Cosmelan 1); part two is continued application of a specific Cosmelan 2 product at home. The initial treatment will take less than an hour at in clinic.
Step 1: The In-clinic Mask application
- Skin is cleanse and prepped
- Cosmelan mask is applied in a thick layer
- Mask may sting slightly upon application, but will quickly dissipate
- Depending on the level of correction needed, the mask must be left on the skin for 8-12 hours
- Client is instructed on when and how to remove the mask at home
- An after-care kit will be provided which is included in the price of the treatment
Step 2: The Home Care Regimen
- After the specific time allocated, the Cosmelan mask is removed with a gentle neutral cleanser
- Immediately after, a calming/hydrating peptide infusion mask is applied to comfort the skin and protect moisture
- Peeling generally begins 2-3 days after the mask application and can last 1-2 weeks
- Cosmelan 2 cream should be applied 2 times a day for two weeks
- After the first 14 days, Cosmelan 2 can be applied once daily
Advantages Over Other Pigmentation Treatments
- Only 1-2 treatments required
- Rapid lightening action
- For all skin types with good tolerance
- For all kinds of skin blemishes of melanic origin including Melasma which is difficult to treat with lasers
- Can be used any season of the year
- Can treat hyperpigmentation caused from lasers and other chemical peels
- Gives the skin that dewy glow and builds collagen which increases skin firmness and texture
$1,250 package price
- Initial consultation (allow 45-60 minutes)
- In clinic Cosmelan Depigmentation Mask application
- Post treatment skincare products
- Enzyme lift off treatment after 2 weeks